Friday, October 15, 2010

What's a MEME?


I never do these things, partially because nobody ever wants to play with me, and partially because I know none of you really care about my opinion/answers/whatever the hell the meme is asking for. But today I'm tired, and have decided to be lazy and not come up with my own idea for a post...soooo meme it is!

I've somehow managed to miss out on the fun over at No Smoking in the Skull Cave up until now, but thanks to my blog buddy Astro over at the Cheap Bin by way of my other blog buddy Jay over at the Sexy Armpit, I stopped by and it looks like my kind of place. Plus, we cave-dwellers really should stick together, yanno? So here's my long, boring, uninteresting answers to the questions posed!


1. What is the worst treat to get while trick-or-treating?

If this is candy-only I guess I'll say candy corn, as I'm on the opinion that it was spawned forth from somewhere deep in the bowels of hell, and I don't mean that in the cool way. If anything goes, I gotta say a nail file, somebody actually gave my son a nail file with their company's logo and phone number on it a couple of years ago.


2. What character from any horror film would you most like to play?


Guess who?

3. Would you rather be a zombie, alien, or psycho? (why)

If I got to choose which alien I could be, then I would say alien, because I've always secretly wished I was Predator. However, if I just get to pick one of the above categories and no specifics, I don't wanna end up like E.T. or something, so I'd probably play it safe and say psycho, because even the lamest of psychos can be pretty cool.

4. How many Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Nightmare on Elm Street movies combined do you have on DVD?

All of them, and several of them in either different editions or on different formats. Grand total though, is 34.

5. What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?

Ouch, tough one here. I don't know which exactly is the "scariest", though there are plenty of movies that have given me the creeps. Off the top of the dome, I'll go with Jaws, The Strangers, Darkness, Exorcist, The Descent, Dagon. 

6. Lamest costume you have worn on Halloween?

Growing up, we never really had a lot of money, and I remember being upset one Halloween because I didn't have a costume, and my mother put me in my little league uinform and I went as a baseball player. LAME.

7. Favorite Halloween treat?

Again, if we're talking strictly candy, I'll go with Reese's Cups because I don't eat them all year long like most sane, normal people do. I only eat them around Halloween, and then in Easter Egg form when that holiday rolls around. If we're talking "treats" in general, there's now way I can pick just one. I love the entire month of October, from the weather, to the fact that for at least one month a year when regular people stop being so uptight and admit that they love monsters and creepy shit just like all of us freaks do. They're just repressed every other month.

8. Friendly jack-o-lantern or scary one? 

I don't just carve a nose, eyes, and a mouth on mine. Over the years mine have been everything from Batman to Halo to Jason. They're hardly ever friendly though, so big surprise here, I'll go with scary.

9. Have you ever had nightmares about a scary movie character chasing you?

I'm sure I have had way more than I remember, but the one that's stuck with me throughout my entire life is one that I had when I was 9-ish. I was in a giant room, on an extremely narrow path about the width of a 2x4, suspended in the air above water, and this wasn't just water, it was shark infested water, and not just any sharks, but THE shark. Jaws. My family was on the other side of the room screaming for me to hurry across, and I was too terrified to move. *shudder*


10. Best thing about Halloween?

What's not to love about Halloween?! The weather is turning, the free candy, dressing up my kids (and myself) to go trick or treating, I get to buy the coolest stuff to decorate my house with, lots of cheap horror dvd's, lots of great stuff on tv, after-Halloween sales, and I could go on, and on.

11. Strangest Halloween custom that you've heard of?

Don't know how "strange' it is to everybody, but the one that REALLY pisses me off is celebrating Halloween, but calling it "Fall Festival" to make it sound less "evil". Living right smack dab in the bible belt SUCKS. We can't celebrate Halloween because it's from the Devil. Little kids dressing up like cowboys, throwing a bedsheet over their heads to be ghosts, and little girls dressing like princesses, to walk around and get free candy. Clearly the work of Satan. And then of course there's the church's version of the haunted house...the dreaded "Judgement Journey". Because it's perfectly fine to be scary and have a haunted house as long as we Jesus it up!

12. Person in your family who most likes Halloween (other than you)?

That's another tough one, but I'm gonna call it a tie between my son and my brother.

13. Are you superstitious? If so name at least one superstition of yours.

My answer to this one's not exactly Halloween related, but yes I am superstitious. My main superstition pertains to the greatest sport on Earth, hockey. During the playoffs I always grow a playoff beard if one of my teams make it in, just like the players. Last season my Flyers went all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals, and by the time all was said and done, I had grown myself one EPIC playoff beard. Below is a picture I took right before game 7 of the Eastern Conference semi-finals, it was much, much worse before the end, trust me.


And there you go. I gotta admit that was kinda fun, I even envisioned that somebody would actually read all that crap as I wrote it. If you haven't done so yet, get your ass in gear and join in the Halloween meme excitement!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha.. Betty always reads your "crap". Feel special! :D

threels said...

Amen on the Candy Corn. If anything about Halloween is from the Devil, it's the Candy Corn.

But...no Home Sick?

Mister Bones said...

The only thing scary about Home Sick was how awesome it was. It came *this* close to breaking the awesometer.

J. Astro said...

Dude - I used to do a thing where I'd abstain from shaving whenever my gf went away for an extended trip or something... then I'd be all whiskery and gross and she'd appreciate me more AFTER I shaved. haha... but then, she dumped me for good and now this damn ZZ Top beard is getting really annoying...


Man, are my jokes this lame when I make them on MY blog, too? damn... cool shit on your post here tho, man. Nice to see you had a reaction to DAGON, one of my favorite "under the radar" monster flicks. I envy them fish-people, I do.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout brother! Great post. I found the beard thing very interesting! And the nail file is definitely something I never got in my bag! lol BTW - you should post your batman pumpkin! Or did you post it previously and I missed it?

Mister Bones said...

Jay, I've actually done 3 Batman pumpkins over the years, but they all appeared at my last blog, the one that I got drunk and deleted. But I may have pics somewhere around here, if I come across any, I'll post em up.

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

Superman is an alien. I'm just sayin'.