Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Finish Him!


Oh, Mortal Kombat. For years you have been a therapeutic outlet for my inner homicidal maniacal ninja. I have one, it's true. Today I was off work, and with kids at school, I had every intention of watching a movie or two so I would have something to write about today. That plan fell completely through when I returned home from the gym to find the copy of Mortal Kombat I ordered last week waiting for me at my doorstep.

Instead of movies, I spent my afternoon bathing in the glorious bloodletting that is a new Mortal Kombat game, full of the fresh brutality we've all come to know and love from this storied fighting game franchise. As previously reported, this one goes the extra mile and even adds Freddy Kreuger to the carnage via downloadable content, which is why I finally broke down and ordered a copy. After only a couple of hours with it, I am already in love. I wish I would've grabbed this game sooner.

Of course what would Mortal Kombat be without the Fatalities? The gloriously over the top fatalities, which often times leave your opponent missing a vital body part or three? I haven't quite seen everybody's on this one yet, but what I have seen have left me giggling like a school girl. With that in mind, I thought I'd look at youtube and find some videos of past fatalities from earlier MK games, just as a bit of a walk down memory lane.











And just for fun, check out some rejected fatalities courtesy of Michinima.... CRUNKALITY!!!




1 comment:

Zombie said...

As nerdy as this sounds I like to play the Mortal Kombat song from the movie when I play the game.