Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Night Drive-In


Those damn Martians, always with the invading! This week's Drive-In movie is a classic from my youth, I was really excited when I found it. I've probably seen Invaders from Mars somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000 times. In fact I remember watching the vhs copy we had so many times that it eventually broke. Of course we recorded it again, as my 8 year old self refused to live life without it.

Tobe "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" Hooper directs this remake of the 1953 original about a young boy whose town is invaded by Martians. At first of course no one will believe him, but eventually he convinces the school nurse that he's telling the truth and Martians are in fact invading and taking over the minds of all the adults in town.

"You're a lucky boy, David Gardner. Not everybody gets to meet the Supreme Martian Intelligence."


1 comment:

J. Astro said...

I've seen this once and remember almost nothing about it except for that it reminded me of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS and that I vaguely enjoyed it. *shrug*