Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Night Drive-In


I'm borrowing this suggestion from the wonderful Basement of Ghoulish Decadence, as before this morning I had never seen it. I've seen it now though, and The Mutilator is 100% 1985 slashery goodness. A group of college kids head to the beach to close a condo owned by the father of one of the group. Of course it's the one with the really fucked up past, whose father is a "trophy hunter" and also completely insane. I'm sure I don't need to tell you where this is going.

"Happy birthday Dad. All cleaned, from me."

What I can tell you though, is that this movie has plenty of over the top glorious 80's gore, the killer isn't Darth Vader but you'd swear it was based on his breathing in the "first person" shots where he's lurking, the soundtrack is fantastic, and you haven't seen overacting until you've seen the kill sequence at the 39:30 mark. Seriously, if you don't watch anything else, check that scene out, I lol'd. I also cringed once, and not because of the acting, all I'll say is...the gaff! Enjoy The Mutilator!

5 comments:

WizWor said...

I've never seen this either. I remember seeing the box plenty of times in the video store. Thanks for posting the link!

J. Astro said...

Hahahahaha - good shit, meng.

Lissa Lycan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mister Bones said...

They can't all be "Legion"... *eye roll*

Maynard Morrissey said...

Haha, The Mutilator is fun. Acting, dialogue and camera work are horrible, but the kills are brilliant, especially the infamous vagina scene :-)