Sunday, October 2, 2011

Why Won't You Die...Capitan Vidal?

Back for another installment of the newest segment here in the Batcave, Why Won't You Die? Just as before, this post will contain plot spoilers. If you haven't seen Pan's Labryinth, and don't want anything spoiled for you, then stop reading now. For those of us who have, let us revel in our hatred of Capitan Vidal!


This guy got my blood boiling as the merciless, fascist prick Captain of the Spanish army in Pan's Labyrinth. Not only does he capture and torture rebels, he even terrorizes little girls for no apparent reason. Bastard. Honestly though, it wasn't until he needlessly and brutally murdered the farmers who had been out rabbit hunting that I really began to hate this guy. Then he went and threw Ofelia's mandrake root in the fire! That root didn't do anything to him, plus it was the only thing keeping her mother alive. Where he really crosses the line is when he does something so heinous, so unforgivable, so despicable, that even Francisco Franco would've been like "Dude!". He shoots Ofelia and kills her. Oh, this son of a bitch has got to go.


And go he does, though not in nearly as painful a manner as I would've liked. I was hoping the Faun might get his goat leg having, creepy clawed hands on him, maybe feed him to that creepy fucker with the eyeballs in his hands or something. Yeah that would've been great, and a most certainly deserved demise. Still, dead is dead, and I always enjoy watching Mercedes' brother, Pedro, shoot him in his ugly face. Burn in Hell, Capitan Vidal! If anybody deserves it, you do.

2 comments:

Zombie said...

I remember the first night I saw Pans Labyrinth I had nightmares. lol.

Lissa Lycan said...

I like turtles!

I didn't read this, but I thought I would leave a pointless comment anyway...

:D