Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or Treating

Took the kiddos out last night for trick or treating, as I hope most of you also did. We were out for over two hours, hit two different neighborhoods around town, and came home with a metric ton of candy.


My son has never actually seen a Friday the 13th movie, believe it or not, so it surprised me when he decided he wanted to be Jason for Halloween this year. I guess he's seen all the action figures, comics, masks, and posters laying around the house, and thought Jason just looked cool. We went the cheap route and got a generic mask, flannel shirt, big knife, and threw some fake blood all over him. I also painted his face underneath the mask. Not bad for working with not much of a budget.


When I asked my daughter what she wanted to be, her initial response was "Supergirl", which I can only assume is because that's what she was last year. We ended up compromising on Wonder Woman, which worked out great because I friend of mine handed me down a pretty cool WW costume which just happened to fit Miss Caitlin. For trick or treating, she would eventually lose the boots/shoe cover things, and just rock her red tights and Nike's.


Another fun year and great Halloween at the Bones household. Even though I'm under the weather, and feel like absolute ass, the kids had a blast and that's what counts. I felt so bad I didn't even bother attempting a costume for myself. I did top the night off with my traditional viewing of Trick r Treat before heading to bed early though. Can't believe Halloween has come and gone again, I'm already looking forward to next year.

1 comment:

Roscoe said...

Both the kids look awesome. I am glad it was a great night. I watched trick r treat as well. No better way to end halloween. Love SAM!