Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Night Drive-In


If this is the first introduction you've had to tonight's Drive-In movie, then you've been deprived of one of the true classics of the horror genre. I'm sure if you're reading this, then George Romero's Day of the Dead needs absolutely no introduction. It's considered by many (myself included) to be the best of his original "Of the Dead" trilogy. I love everything about this movie, the characters, the plot, the setting, and especially the effects. My God, the effects. I would put this movie up against anything being done today, and watch it win by a landslide.


It's a bit of an oldie though, originally releasing in 1985, and I'm sure almost everybody has seen it a milllion times...but maybe it's been a while since the last time you revisited it, or maybe you can just never get enough of it like me, and if one of those be the case, then by all means enjoy it again at my Drive-In tonight. I plan to do the same.

"I'm running this monkey farm now Frankenstein!"

1 comment:

J. Astro said...

Captain Rhodes is a personal hero of mine. This movie ruuuuuuuuuuuuuules.