Monday, September 17, 2012

Bloody Cuts Films

So, once again, I owe thanks to my brother from another mother, Mikey. He linked me up on FB to a short film titled "Dead Man's Lake", which I checked out, and thought was freakin awesome. Sadly, I must admit to being somewhat lazy when it comes to short films online. It's not that I don't like them, in fact I like the quite a bit, it's just that there are SO many and it becomes overwhelming. Plus, the sad fact is, a lot of what I have seen online wasn't very good anyway, and I've basically just wasted 10 to 20 minutes of my life. I'm not getting any younger, people...I can't afford to waste 20 minutes very often.


Anyway, back on topic, so I checked out Dead Man's Lake and enjoyed it. I also noticed that it was a part of something called "Bloody Cuts Films" who has their own youtube channel, and I went and checked out their other stuff. Turns out I actually enjoyed all of them. They're not overly long, and most of them have that little twist somewhere that reminded me of Tales From the Crypt episodes. Then I went to the official website, and fell in love. Most of the movies have retro style posters, there's behind the scenes videos, a podcast, and all kinds of other badassery. From what I gather, there will be 13 shorts in total, and all available as a part of an online horror anthology.

 If you've "liked" the blog over on Facebook, you may have already noticed that I posted Dead Man's Lake, but after watching the rest, I decided to do a full blown post. Do yourself a favor and check out the Bloody Cuts Films short films below, then be sure to visit their website here. You won't be disappointed.













No comments: