Monday, December 3, 2012

A Boy and His Shirt

Or "A Tale of Modern Consumerism"...

Back before Halloween, Fright Rags released a brand new design on their site, one based on one of my favorite Halloween movies of all time, Halloween III. I knew I had to have this Silver Shamrock themed beauty, even though I made a vow to not buy anymore t-shirts this year. In my defense though, just look at this shirt! How could I possibly pass this up?!


The shirt almost immediately sold out, and sadly I was unable to get one. I immediately went to Twitter, to beg people to vote for it in the Graveyard (the portion of their site where you can vote for designs to get reprinted), but was assured by Fright Rags that there was no need, that more were coming soon. So, I waited. Impatiently.

Fast forward to Black Friday, the day the shirts were put back up on the site, and somehow I missed the announcement. It wasn't until I noticed a Facebook status from Fright Rags employee, and all around horror loving badass Kristy Jett, about how fast they were selling again, that I even knew they had returned. Of course I went straight to the site, but the only sizes left in stock were for you skinny jeans wearers, and 5X. I do like my shirts baggy, but not quite 5X baggy. So again, I missed out, and again I was bummed. I commented on Kristy's status, stating that I had missed it again. She asked me what size I needed, and I told her, and I didn't think anything else about it, figuring I was destined to await a Graveyard reprint at some point in the future.

A couple of days later, out of the blue I got a message from Kristy, letting me know that a customer had accidentally clicked enter twice when ordering a Silver Shamrock shirt in my size, and only wanted one, not two. When she read the email from that customer, she thought of me, remembering that I had commented on her status, and she had one ready to ship to me if I was still interested. Of course I was, I made payment, and today it showed up in my mailbox. Now, at this point I'm sure Kristy is tired of me going on and on about this, but I am genuinely impressed when anyone goes above and beyond to satisfy a customer, regardless of their field of work. It's been my experience that customer service on this kind of level is almost non-existant today, especially in dealing with people over the internet. I could not be happier with my shirt, but I'm even happier about the way Fright Rags took care of me, via Kristy.


If you've never ordered from them before, I can't recommend them enough. Not only do they have some of the best horror themed shirts on the internet, but their customer service is second to none. Plus, you get a sticker, trading card, and Warhead candy with every shirt! With incentive like that, you'd be crazy not to buy from Fright Rags. One last time (I promise, Kristy) I want to say a big Thank You to Kristy Jett for going out of her way to make sure my dream of owning this shirt come true. You have made this little horror nerd very happy, and in doing so have also ensured Fright Rags has a customer for life in me.

No comments: