Saturday, January 19, 2013

Dredd-ful Movie Night

My current obsession with all things Judge Dredd is going to come full circle tonight, as I'll be watching both Dredd movies back to back!


I know most long-time Judge Dredd fans absolutely hated this Stallone flick, but being that I wasn't really familiar with the character (aside from his first two encounters with Batman in comics) when it came out, I freakin loved it. If only Sly had kept the damn helmet on, I think fans would've gone a little easier on it. Truth be told, it's probably been close to 10 years since I've seen it too, so I'm pretty psyched for tonight's viewing.


I've literally watched this movie five times since the bluray was released back on the 8th of this month. I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am in myself for not getting to a theater to watch it when it was out. I am 100% in love with this movie. It's The Raid, only with Judge Dredd instead of a SWAT cop. What's not to love?! Big action, lots of blood, and I wouldn't have thought it, but Karl Urban is actually a pretty badass Judge Dredd. Throw in Lena Headey as the villain, and you have yourself a recipe for one hell of an action flick. Drokk yeah!!!

No comments: