Monday, July 17, 2017

Oats Studios


Director Neill Blomkamp (District 9, Elysium, Chappie) is one of the most talented people working in the entertainment industry in my opinion. I can tell you in all honesty that I've loved every single thing he's done that I've seen. His latest project is Oats Studios, which I have been surprised to discover not a lot of people seem to be familiar with, so I thought I'd do a quick post. The short version is, he's releasing short films which you can watch absolutely free on youtube. If you happen to enjoy what you see, and trust me you will, the option is there to support the studio by kicking the a couple of bucks. You can also buy the assets used in the films via Steam to use in your own projects if for instance you get an idea as to where the story in the films could go next. It's a refreshingly original idea, and I'm really excited to see where this experiment leads. 

So far there have been 3 short films, Rakka, Firebase, and Zygote. I'm going to put all three down below, and they are all fantastic. In fact Zygote is one of the best things I've seen this year. Do yourself a favor and give them a watch. All are well worth your time.



No comments: